Broken/ Cracked Tooth Treatment

Teeth are really strong. However, sometimes due to eating something hard, facial trauma following an accident, damage from sports, untreated cavities, old tooth fillings, your teeth gets chipped, cracked or broken. No worry, consult Innovative Smile, we can help you get back the natural look of your teeth and smile as before. Our special treatments such as tooth-colored filling, cosmetic bonding, crowns, root canal treatments etc can repair your chipped, cracked or broken teeth.

Is Treatment Necessary?

When you get your teeth chipped, cracked, even broken, it is not necessary that you feel immediate pain. However, during these conditions, if you continue to use your teeth for regular activities, the break might reach to the nerve of your effected teeth. Teeth may become sensitive to hot and cold objects along with mild or severe pain, and sometimes complete loss of teeth. Therefore, always consult your dentist, whenever your teeth gets chipped, cracked or broken for immediate treatment.

Dr. Swastik Satpathy, BDS
Dentist – Specializes in broken, fractured tooth treatments
Cosmetic Dentist & Surgeon, Implantologist, 9 Years Experience

How are cracked teeth fixed?

The type of treatment depends on the amount of damage to the tooth. Ask your dental team what is the best treatment for you:

Dental Filling or Bonding

If you have chipped off just a small piece of tooth enamel, your dentist may repair the damage with a filling. If the repair is to a front tooth or can be seen when you smile, your dentist will likely use a procedure called bonding, which uses a tooth-colored composite resin.

Teeth contouring

This is done when the chip is very small. The rough edges of the tooth are rounded and polished to blend away the crack.


These are ideal when there is still a fair amount of tooth remaining, because they are long lasting and need the least amount of tooth removing first. A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain or plastic material made to fit over the front surface of the tooth.


These are used for a tooth that is not suitable for a veneer. A crown fits over what is left of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the appearance of a natural tooth. If the nerve has been damaged and becomes infected you may need to have root canal treatment first
This involves removing all infection from the root canal. The root is then cleaned and filled to prevent any further infections. The tooth would then be fitted with a crown to give it extra support.

How much will my treatment cost?

The cost will vary depending on what treatment you need. There may be extra costs if there are complications and you need more treatment. Ask your dental team for a treatment plan and a written estimate before you start treatment.

Why do teeth crack?

Many things can cause teeth to crack, such as:

  • Extreme tooth grinding, which can put the teeth under enormous pressure.
  • Large fillings that weaken the tooth.
  • Chewing or biting on something hard: for example ice, boiled sweets, fruit stones or meat bones.
  • A blow to the chin or lower jaw.
  • Gum disease, if there has been bone loss. This could make the teeth more likely to suffer from root fractures.
  • Sudden changes in mouth temperature.

Can I stop my teeth cracking?

Not altogether, but there are some precautions you can take:

  • Wear a mouth guard: If you grind your teeth at night, have a night-guard made to protect your teeth. If you play sports, wear a custom-made mouthguard.
  • Avoid biting or chewing on hard objects.

Broken Tooth Pain in Jaw

Toothache occurs from inflammation of the central portion of the tooth called pulp. The pulp contains nerve endings that are very sensitive to pain. Inflammation to the pulp or pulpitis may be caused by dental cavities, trauma, and infection. Referred pain from the jaw may cause you to have symptoms of a toothache.


My Cart

Shopping cart is empty!

Continue Shopping

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Our senior dentist Dr. Swastik is here to answer your dental problems online
Start Your Teleconsultation?